Sunday, January 25, 2009

I a humble Indian

Whatzit to be an Indian?

I aint a prince..no no

I aint a writer

I aint a priest..never..

I aint a trader...

I a humble Indian..

and in all I lie...

I aint rich, my stomachs empty

I aint clever,my leader conned me,

I aint beautiful,brown they call me,

I aint a scholar,can just write the name

I a humble Indian

I wont deny..

I will say have it,when its the last grain i have

I will rise,when he dares me..

I will learn,as I dream

I will walk with another 'I"

and his God aint a matter...

I a humble Indian..

I hurt myself,fighting

I burnt myself,playing the fire

I failed the test,denying

I learnt,accepting

I a humble Indian

60years...I have survived...lived..grown...existed..in vivid colors..sumtimes all red..sometimes all white...but 3 colors...i was given to define me...peace,prosperity and courage...

I feel triumphant,jubilant,inspite of the bloodstains and the wounds...

I see myself in the eyes of a beautiful girl who can read the name of my country and question,"What can I do for Her?"

I see myself in the soul of every child,woman and man whose eyes have opened...to question the wrong,to act in the right and to share in the heave of burden...

To this glory,I will to live and die

To this pride,I will to breath a sigh

I a humble Indian...

2 comments:

Aditi said...

beautiful..

Tanmay Prabhudesai said...

"I am a humble Indian" Nice title and a beautiful poem to match it.. :)