Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Tryst With The Art of Living....no marketing gimmick...

My posts do tell you,I might be one of those slushy-mushy kind...pathologically emotional...well I am sensitive and not necessarily emo.It hurts to see certain things that shouldnt be the way they are.It may be just that..
But in life,u do bump into some experiences that change the way u thought about it...
Some of you must be thinking-well she is quite building up the plot of her marketing stint...namely the Art of Living..
Well,then tell me,even if that was to be the case...wat harm in standing up for sumthing sensible?U wudnt have had that expression of what-is-she-upto kind,had i spoken to yu about the latest car in the town or my favorite drink?
Lets move into the main story.Why Art of Living and what of me to do with that?
Before I begin,let me tell you,I m not being paid to write this up.no:)
The summers of 2005 and my mom was after my life..she believed in all this world,only an AOL course could change my she-is-killing-herself patterns of life.!I was requested,reprimanded and finally ordered to do the course.(sumtimes they want you to have fun..u dont understand)So I did....
Flashback-
All in all I dint really have a life u wud vouch for-a guileless,enthu-less,stinking,dull,obsessive life that went around all that was sad in this world.I dint believe something like ARt of Living could do ne good to me.Sure it dint,coz it changed my life for ever and I cudnt be that same me nemore. ;)))
It took me those mean 6 days to come out of my darkness and the comfy web of complacence I had built around myself..A bout of Sudarshan Kriya got the crap out of me..the emotional crap.The processes made me get in touch with a finer side in me,that for the first time I realised,There was so much more to me than cribbing and whining.
I made friends for life out there..Moreover,I discovered that really Living had to be an Art.coz it was so beautiful for the first time.This course was a first time for quite a lot of things...
-I discovered,it was interesting and relevant
-.It was simple yet profound.
I was a normal teenager and one thing that I hated was being preached and voila..noone even tried to ...Preach!
-But I was made to think and all my answers led me to a WOW I never thought that!
-The major reason why I loved the course was Complete Acceptance!For the first time strangers ,read the teachers and volunteers,dint have any qualms about me being wierd and troublesome and in the process I Learnt.
Did u ever know,u dont know how to breath,though thats what u ve been doing all ur life?I sure dint,back then..
I entered the course with certain perceptions about the course and The Guru(who is now My Guru),but Art Of Living couldnot live upto my expectations,it went beyond it...:)
For all those who are my kind,restless,crazy,cant-sit-at-one-place kind..This course had that much needed dynamism,masti and fun-frolicking that is needed to realise such an amazing blend could practically be possible,quite alien to our knowledge..
-Sudarshan Kriya was a bomb...oh My God...each cell of my body was breathing a rhythm...
If only people who commit suicides could know what this course is...they wud have realised the insanity of thier thoughts.Nothing much, they missed out on knowing what life is before ending it...
When the course got over,There was a rush of joy in my heart,I can absolutely not explain...What I was more grateful for was,that this wasnt a drug or ale induced high that I was feeling.I had a Smile that had evaded me for 17 years of my life,a smile that was childlike,innocent,pure..
And its this joy I wanted to share with the world that moment!And it came right from my heart,this desire to share this wisdom which is dynamic,simple,fun,uplifting,revealing and Ancient served in a way that makes you feel like you hadnt had enough of it..
Its for this reason I write this blog...To share,coz I have experienced it and I want you to feel it too...I could have with just this ease talked about the latest car,or my fav star or the drink...but it wouldnt have been From The Heart...
Simply put it,if ever u see life is depressing,directionless,go sit for this course..it will open up new dimensions for you...
I wish You Joy,Happiness(this is the change that has come in me) and Grace...
Love
Ruchira

No comments: